Search This Blog

Saturday 26 May 2012

Glossy Box May 2012 UK Birthday Edition Review

My Second Glossy Box arrived! This time it is the one year Anniversary Birthday Glossybox. 


I was expecting BIG things for this Glossybox-it's the birthday edition after all! I knew mine had arrived Thursday but wasn't going to be able to get home to open it till Friday so I hurriedly looked on-line for other bloggers' reviews and comments and the reactions weren't good. So when I got home to finally open the box I wasn't expecting anything good in a bid to not get my hopes up.

This was the contents:

In my box I got:
  • 1x Osmo Berber Oil (Full Size 100ml) 
  • 1x Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel (Sample Size 75ml)
  • 1x Lolita Lempicka Perfume (Sample Size 0.8ml)
  • 1x Si Lolita Perfume (Sample Size 0.8ml)
  • 1x Eldora False Eyelashes (Full Size)
  • 1x Apivita Intensive Hydration Mask with Honey (Full size 2x 8ml sachets) 
  • 1x Glossy Box Compact Mirror
  • 1x Birthday Balloon 

Initially I was disappointed- the box was full but not with things I wanted or liked. I put it straight down and had a cup of tea.  But by the time I'd finished my tea I'd decided that the box wasn't actually that bad!  


The shower gel is lovely it reminds me of my favourite perfume as a teenager CKOne. It is also a lovely quality that rivals the Molton Brown shower gels. 


I was also very lucky to get the hair oil. This was a full size item that retails at £19.99 so I'll be keen to give this a go, I've never used a hair oil but my locks are in need of some serious TLC at the moment, plus it smells like Haribo Cherries! :) 


I am also pleased I got the face masks. 


I currently don't have any type of face mask I'm a little sceptical they work so it will be good to try them- I hope I can be proved wrong. Again this is a great item as I got two sachets, although I am a little worried about the honey fragrance. If it's anything like the Burt's Bees body cream last month it will be sickly sweet! 


Can't say I'm in love with the eyelashes.I do wear false eyelashes occasionally but not ones caked in glitter,especially not red glitter! I'm the crazy girl that likes her fake nails and eyelashes to look as Natural as possible so these aren't going to make an appearance on a night out for me. However being the optimist I am the Queen's jubilee is immanent so maybe I can wear them in an ironic kinda way... but quite frankly they are  awful. 

I also got the two perfume samples. Disappointed isn't the word. They smell terrible and don't last. I also think I could have probably picked them up free from Boots. I'm not going to say any more on them. 


Finally the two bonus birthday items. The balloon and the compact. 

I like the compact, I needed one and this is a good size quality mirror with one side being a magnifyer. The balloon was novel and is a clever bit of marketing on Glossy Box's part. 

In my opinion my May box was ok and perhaps if it hadn't been the 'BIRTHDAY' box I may not have been so disappointed because I was expecting something a little better. It's not bad enough for me to cancel but if I continue to recieve the same quality I will be unsubscribing.

What did you get in your box? What did you think? Was it worth the money this month? 

Minnie xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...